Jonathan W. Ring is an Associate of Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP, and works in the firm’s San Diego office. His primary areas of practice include Applicants’ Workers’ Compensation Law and Plaintiffs’ Civil Litigation.
Mr. Ring has been a part of the legal community since 1998 when he began working as a legal assistant for a Civil Litigation and Criminal Defense attorney while completing a BA in English at the University of New Mexico. Thereafter, he attained a MBA from Texas Tech University in 2005 and then a Juris Doctor from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in 2008.
Mr. Ring has been a part of Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP since 2008. He is adept in all aspects of General Civil Litigation and Workers’ Compensation; from interviewing prospective clients through case resolution. His proficiencies include legal research of novel and complex issues, motion work, discovery, depositions, procedural hearings, mediations, trials, and appeals. Principally, Mr. Ring is a passionate advocate for the rights of his clients.
His philosophy is that distress in legal matters can be assuaged through understanding which, in turn is achieved through communication. Accordingly, his goal is to provide his clients with a holistic explanation of how the law affects each and every issue in their respective cases.
When he is not working for his clients, Mr. Ring enjoys the outdoors, community service, personal fitness, travel, literature, music and cinema.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- 50% Personal Injury
- 50% Workers” Compensation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2009
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. – 2008
- Rawls College of Business Administration, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
- M.B.A. – 2005
- University of New Mexico
- B.A. – 2004
- Major: English
Honors and Awards
- UNM Scholars Scholarship – 1998
- Rawls Scholarship – 2004
- Dean”s Scholarship, Thomas Jefferson School of Law – 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Joe M. Romero, Jr. and Associates, Legal Assistant, 1998 – 2004
Pro Bono Activities
- National Eagle Scout Association, 1994 – 2012
- Kappa Sigma