Active, Attentive & Effective Representation

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys Serving San Diego

Personal Injury is an area of law that is comprised of tort claims in which one person has been injured by the actions of another.

Examples of Personal Injury Cases Include:

The personal injury attorneys of Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP, (HR&O) handle a variety of tort claims from a simple car accidents to more complex cases such as professional malpractice. Since its inception in 1993, the personal injury department of HR&O has carved as a reputation throughout California as a firm well-known for taking on the tough cases, which other attorneys decline. With millions of dollars obtained on behalf of our clients, HR&O is the first choice for injured parties.

At HR&O, we represent plaintiffs throughout California and other states, in all stages of personal injury cases, from date of injury through trial. Unlike other law firms that will only represent a client up to the point of litigation, your attorneys at HR&O will file lawsuits to protect your rights and take other steps to ensure you receive aggressive and competent legal representation.

While always ready to file a lawsuit to protect your case, HR&O also recognizes the usefulness in utilizing prelitigation settlement tactics such as mediation, arbitration and settlement discussions in an effort to settle your case quickly, efficiently and in a manner most effective for the needs of any individual case.

Concentrate on Your Recovery, Not Your Medical Bills — We Have You Covered

Many clients of HR&O have suffered catastrophic injuries but have no medical insurance or financial means to pay their bills. If this is the case, HR&O can assist in helping you locate competent medical care and assistance without the burden of immediate payments for care. Based on the reputation of all HR&O attorneys, medical providers, in fields as diverse as acupuncture or chiropractic care to surgical intervention, will provide treatment, without an upfront payment from the patient. Freed from the unnecessary stress of medical payments, you are then able to concentrate on your recovery rather than finances. Medical bills will then be paid when your case settles rather than you worrying about payment immediately when hurt. HR&O will also help you to obtain a rental vehicle, alternate housing, coordinate with your employer for time off or assist in other areas, depending on your individual needs. If your medical condition is such that you cannot come to our office, our attorneys will make arrangements to visit you at the hospital, your home or another location which best suits your needs.

Our legal assistance in personal injury cases also involves the coordination and/or payment of medical care, protecting your credit rating (in the event you already received care which you cannot pay for) and ensuring that your insurance rates will not increase if you are involved in a car accident. HR&O can even assist you when the person who hurt you has no or little insurance, or if you were involved in a car accident but do not have insurance yourself.

Our Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You

At HR&O, we pride ourselves in offering the highest caliber of assistance and representation to our clients. We will provide you not only with the cellphone numbers of all our paralegals, but also all attorneys, including partners, within the firm, giving you easy, and immediate, access to our firm.

If you or anyone you know has been injured, please contact Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP, at: 619-369-3323 to speak with an attorney at one of our California offices.

The Team That Can Answer Your Questions

Having questions is normal after surviving a serious personal injury. At Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP, our San Diego staff of caring attorneys can provide the detailed answers you are looking for. On this page, you can take a look at some of the most common questions that we hear from the people who contact us.

What should I do after a serious accident?

There are a few steps you can follow to increase your chance of recovering maximum compensation after an accident or injury. These include:

  1. Seek medical care as soon as you can.
  2. Get the contact information of anyone else involved in the accident.
  3. Get the contact information of any witnesses.
  4. Take photos of the accident scene.

Most importantly, talk to a personal injury lawyer. Do not speak with any insurance claims adjusters until you have legal counsel to protect your rights.

What should I know about car insurance in California?

The state of California requires all drivers to have two types of coverage:

  1. Bodily injury liability
  2. Property damage liability

Unfortunately, far too many drivers do not bother purchasing these types of coverage. If you have an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured (UM/UIM) motorist, you will have a much more difficult time recovering compensation. If you have a UM/UIM policy from your own insurance provider, you can get coverage for your damages through your own insurance.

What types of damages can I recover?

The damages available to you depend on your needs. Every client’s situation is unique. Some of the most common damages in personal injury claims include:

  • Emergency room services
  • Doctor visits
  • Physical rehabilitation
  • Lost wages
  • Loss of earning potential
  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of consortium

When you speak with us, we can give you a better idea of what to expect from your case, including your damages and their total value.

What is a contingency fee? What does “contingency fee basis” mean?

A contingency fee means that you do not have to pay any attorney’s fees unless your attorney recovers compensation for you. A lawyer who works on a contingency fee basis does not charge any money upfront and does not collect any money if they lose your claim. In a contingency fee arrangement, you pay the attorney a percentage of the money you recover in your settlement or award.

Get in Touch With Us for More Answers

These are only the beginning. You can get the additional information you need when you set up a free initial consultation with Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP. To speak with one of our staff members, please call 619-369-3323 or send us an email.