If you have been injured in an accident at your construction job, you may know that you are entitled to seek compensation, but do you know that there is a time limit applicable? Once this limit, known as a statute of limitations, has expired, you will no longer be able to submit a claim for workers compensation benefits. Generally speaking, this will be one year from the date of your injury. With over 50 years of combined experience as El Centro construction accident attorneys, Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP lawyers can identify the root cause of your injuries, and ensure that the responsible person or party is held accountable for the consequences of their negligence, or dangerous actions.
Construction Accidents in California: The Statistics
According to statistics from various sources, increased knowledge of the importance of health and safety measures, alongside stricter legislation, does not seem to be enough to stop workers in El Centro, and across California, from sustaining injuries in construction accidents. Our El Centro construction accident attorneys have a proven track record of successfully representing clients who have been injured while working in construction, and with the number of recorded incidents continually increasing, that experience looks likely to expand even further.
Some of the construction accident statistics which our attorneys found interesting include the following:
- California remains below the national average for workplace fatalities, although there have been some concerningly large increases in reported accidents
- Construction-related deaths across California increased by 34% between 2014 and 2015, while agricultural fatalities doubled over the same period
- Workplace injuries cover illnesses sustained due to working conditions too, and it has been estimated that around 50,000 people in the United States die from occupational diseases annually
Although construction accidents can take many forms, there are some definite common types, which our lawyers regularly encounter. These include:
- Improper use of equipment or machinery
- Poorly maintained equipment or machinery
- Accidents while using powered and non-powered hand tools
- Defective machinery or equipment components
- Crushing, or becoming caught on equipment
- Car, truck, and other vehicle-related accidents
- Injuries inflicted by falling objects
When you choose to hire a Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP El Centro construction accident attorney to represent you, you can rest assured that you and your case are in the best possible hands. Through enlisting our extensive legal knowledge, expertise and experience, you can take the time you need to recover from your injuries, safe in the knowledge that an esteemed lawyer is working tirelessly to protect your legal rights, and recover the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation with an El Centro Construction Accident Attorney Today
If you have sustained injuries in a construction accident, you could benefit from the guidance and support of an El Centro attorney. Our expert attorneys regularly recover maximum compensation for injured workers employed across a variety of roles and industries, including:
- Iron workers
- Sheet metal grinders
Whatever your profession, our El Centro construction accident attorneys can help you. To schedule your free initial consultation, call us today on 619-630-0205.