We are learning of an incident that happened recently in Mira Mesa that has us reminded of just how dangerous driving can be. A 19-year-old driver of a Nissan 250Z lost control of the vehicle on Mira Mesa Boulevard. His vehicle jumped the curb and flew down an embankment. That is where it landed on top of a Hyundai.
Somehow, nobody was injured in this accident. The two passengers in the Nissan were lucky. They avoided two trees on the embankment. The owner of the Hyundai had just gotten out of the vehicle and gone into work. In situations like this, the people involved are not always as lucky and injuries do occur. At Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP, we know that the aftermath of an accident can be confusing and scary, but we are here to help. When you need a San Diego car accident attorney, call us today.
How They Happen
Most people who are injured in car accidents all say the same thing – “I didn’t even expect it to happen.”
Most car accidents are unpredictable. When you are out driving, we know you take the steps necessary to be safe, but you cannot predict the behavior of other drivers. In the story above, we are glad the driver of the Hyundai was not in her vehicle, but if she had been, there is no way for her to have known a vehicle would essentially fall out of the sky and onto her car.
Many accidents are caused by extreme driver negligence. This can include the following:
- Impaired drivers – if a driver makes the choice to drink too much alcohol or use drugs and then get behind the wheel, they become a danger for anyone in or around the roadway.
- Distracted drivers – it is so tempting to look at the phone or another device when if dings at us. Responsible drivers should never be texting, watching videos, or doing anything else other than paying attention to the roadway.
- Speeding – did you know that speeding and aggressive driving are Californian’s biggest concerns when they hit the roadway?
Looking at the latest numbers from the California Office of Traffic Safety, we can see that there were 3,623people killed and nearly 12,000 seriously injured in accidents in the last reporting year. In San Diego, we saw 9,237 people injured or killed in vehicle accidents during the same year.
What To Do If You Are Injured
Do not waste another minute wondering how you will get all the compensation you need for your accident-related expense. At Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP, our personal injury attorneys will be by your side every step of the way. We want to make sure you are compensated for the following:
- Medical expenses (current and future related to the crash)
- Loss of income and benefits if you cannot work
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages