When you are injured on the job, you may wonder what your options are. One of the most common choices involves workers’ compensation. Workers’ compensation benefits typically function as a type of partial wage replacement. In order to maximize the amount of money you can receive, you should contact an experienced workers’ comp lawyer.
Our Approach to Workers’ Comp Benefits
At Hiden, Rott & Oertle , LLP, our lawyers have more than 50 years of combined legal experience and are pioneering different ways for our clients in the San Diego area to receive additional benefits based on their individual situations. For example, we explore options related to things such as attendant care. If someone, typically your spouse, takes time off of work to care for you while you are injured, that person can get paid for his or her services, which are referred to as attendant care. This increases the total amount of payments that a family in a workers’ compensation situation can receive, and can provide much needed money to our injured clients.
El Centro Workplace Accident Attorney
Some of the common questions that we frequently answer for our clients are:
- How much will I receive from workers’ comp?
- How often will I receive payments?
- When do payments start?
- When do payments end?
- If my payments end, can they ever start again?
- What are my options for a denied workers’ comp claim?
In California, some of the potential workers’ compensation benefits other than the usual monetary payments can include:
- For people who are seriously injured, a lifetime pension may be available.
- Those who suffer catastrophic injuries may be entitled to a handicapped-accessible vehicle.
- Retrofitting of a house for handicapped accessibility may also be available to those who suffer catastrophic injuries.
We try to work directly with insurance companies as often as possible to get these benefits for our clients. However, if the workers’ comp process begins to move too slowly, we do not hesitate to get the courts involved as we protect our clients’ rights.
Contact the Firm
To receive answers to your questions from a San Diego workers’ compensation benefits attorney, contact Hiden, Rott & Oertle , LLP, at 619-630-0205 or through our online form to schedule a free initial consultation.