Accidents are common on construction jobs but, although you may be aware that you are entitled to seek compensation after a workplace injury, did you know that you must do so within a very strict time limit?Once the statute of limitations has expired –normally after one year from the date of your construction accident – so too will your eligibility to claim workers compensation benefits, or file a lawsuit against your employer. With over 50 years of combined experience as Palm Springs construction accident attorneys, Hiden, Rott & Oertle LLP lawyers can identify the cause of your injuries, making sure that the responsible person or party is held accountable for their actions.
What You Should Know About Construction Accidents in California
Although increasingly stricter laws relating to workplace safety, particularly on construction sites, has been introduced in recent years, thousands of workers each year continue to be seriously or fatally injured in the course of doing their jobs. Our Palm Springs construction accident attorneys have a proven track record of successfully representing clients who have been injured at work, and are ready and waiting to use this expertise to your benefit.
Some of the key facts and figures relating to construction accidents in Palm Springs and beyond follow:
- California remains below the national average for workplace fatalities, although there have been some concerningly large increases in reported accidents
- Construction-related deaths across California increased by 34% between 2014 and 2015, while agricultural fatalities doubled over the same period
- Workplace injuries cover illnesses sustained due to working conditions too, and it has been estimated that around 50,000 people in the United States die from occupational diseases annually
- 2 workers died in construction-related accidents in Palm Springs in 2017, following fatal accidents involving crushing by a truck, and a gas explosion, respectively
Although construction accidents can take countless forms, our Palm Springs lawyers frequently encounter those arising from:
- Improper use of equipment or machinery
- Poorly maintained equipment or machinery
- Accidents while using powered and non-powered hand tools
- Defective machinery or equipment components
- Crushing, or becoming caught on equipment
- Car, truck, and other vehicle-related accidents
- Injuries inflicted by falling objects
When you choose to hire a Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP Palm Springs construction accident attorney to represent you, you can rest assured that you and your case are in the best possible hands. While we relieve some of the burden from your shoulders, you can take the time you need to recover from your injuries, rather than suffering the additional stress associated with representing yourself.
Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation with an Expert Palm Springs Construction Accident Attorney Today
If you have sustained injuries in a construction accident, you could benefit from the guidance and support of an Palm Springs attorney. Our expert attorneys regularly recover maximum compensation for injured workers employed across a variety of roles and industries, including:
- Iron workers
- Sheet metal grinders
To schedule your free initial consultation with an expert Palm Springs construction accident attorney, call us today on 619-630-0205.