The sad fact of the matter today is that even with all of the laws and safety requirements in place there are still accidents happening on construction sites all across California and the rest of the country. It doesn’t matter what type of construction you perform or your profession, accidents happen that can cause serious injuries and even death in the most tragic of cases. Construction workers injured on the job have a year from the date of the accident that caused the injury to file a claim. This is what’s known as the statute of limitations and it greatly affects whether or not you can seek compensation if you wait too long. That’s why it’s important to consult an experienced Palm Springs construction accident attorney from Hiden, Rott & Oertle LLP about your injuries. We have a combined 50 years of experience handling workers’ compensation and other issues.
The Lowdown on Chula Vista Construction Site Accidents
Thousands of workers continue to suffer injuries in construction site accidents each year across California despite the latest laws and policies that increase safety awareness. Even the safest of job sites can be suffer a lapse and be the center of an accident. These things just happen. That’s where our Palm Springs construction accident attorneys and their proven track record of success can help you should you ever suffer an injury at work. Below you will find some important information related to construction site accidents in California and across the country:
- California is one of the few states in the region that falls under the national average for work-related fatalities. Despite this, there has been an increase in the number of reported workplace accidents.
- There was an increase of 34 percent from 2014 to 2015 when it came to deaths associated with the construction industry. The number of work-related deaths in the agricultural industry doubled in the same period.
- Illnesses caused by working conditions are lumped into the category of workplace injuries. Each year an estimated 50,000 people die across the country from illnesses caused by the conditions in which they work.
- There were two people killed in Palm Springs in 2017 due to construction-related accidents. The deaths were caused by a gas explosion and the other victim was crushed by a truck.
Construction accidents can happen in just about anyway possible, including but not limited to the following:
- Slip and falls
- Falls from heights
- Falling objects
- Crushed by a truck or other machinery
- Defective equipment
- Power tools
- Improperly maintained equipment
If you choose to hire an attorney from Hiden, Rott & Oertle LLP you will be working with someone who has the expertise necessary to investigate a construction site accident.
Schedule Your Appointment with a Palm Springs Construction Accident Attorney
If you were recently injured in a construction site accident it is imperative that you consult with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney immediately. The longer you wait, the likelier it becomes that you miss the window to file a claim. Contact a Palm Springs construction accident attorney from Hiden, Rott & Oertle LLP today to schedule a free consultation about your case.