When it comes to road accidents involving other vehicles, or even those with a stationary object, motorcycle riders are particularly vulnerable to sustaining severe, or even fatal, injuries. While you may ensure that you wear an approved helmet and leather equipment every time you ride your motorcycle, even that offers scant protection when faced with thousands of pounds of heavy metal travelling at speed, or your body being slammed onto the road or against a wall. Of course nobody wants to think of themselves being involved in this kind of accident, and many of us choose to believe that we are somehow invincible and it will never happen to us. However, every motorcycle accident victim in El Centro and further afield once had the same opinion.
At Hiden, Rott & Oertle , each of our attorneys has significant experience in successfully handling all manner of motorcycle accident-related cases. There is no need for you and your family to suffer financial hardship due to the negligent or reckless behavior of another motorist, or manufacturer of defective vehicle components, when an award-winning El Centro motorcycle accident attorney could recover the compensation you deserve.
What You Should Know About Motorcycle Accidents in El Centro, California
Motorcycle accidents can undoubtedly have catastrophic and devastating consequences, some of which cannot properly be understood without appreciating how often these incidents really happen. According to statistics published by the California Office of Traffic Safety, some key points about motorcycle accidents, which you should be aware of, include the following:
- Overall traffic fatalities in California increased by 7% between 2015 and 2016
- Fatalities caused by a driver who was impaired by alcohol (relating to both motorcycles and other vehicles) increased by 16% over the same period
- This twelve-month period also saw the number of motorcyclist fatalities grow from 494 to 548
- Motorcyclist fatalities due to failure to wear a helmet also increased
- The legalization of lane-splitting by motorcyclists in California has led to concerns being raised about further increases in the number of fatal accidents
- Women who die in fatal motorcycle accidents are more likely to have been passengers, whereas men are significantly more likely to have been driving
- There were 4 motorcycle accident-related injuries and deaths in El Centro in 2015, and 38 across Imperial County
What Causes El Centro Motorcycle Accidents?
Lane-splitting, which has relatively recently been legalized in California, is amongst the most common causes of motorcycle accidents nationwide, making the related concerns valid. Other factors which are frequently cited as contributing to motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Head-on collisions with another vehicle, or an inanimate object
- Cars making improper turns
- Speeding, both on the part of the motorcyclist and other motorists
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- Poorly-maintained road surfaces
- Inclement weather
- Distracted driving
Discuss Your Case with an Award-Winning El Centro Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
Whatever the circumstances of your accident, when you have been injured through no fault of your own, you deserve to be compensated. An El Centro motorcycle accident attorney from Hiden, Rott & Oertle has the skills needed to recover the full amount due to you. For your free initial consultation, call us today at 619-630-0205.