Did you know that, according to statistics, you are likely to be involved in around three car accidents over the course of your lifetime? Thankfully for those affected, the clear majority of car accidents, both in El Centro and elsewhere, result in little more than some minor vehicle damage, and perhaps some bumps and bruises for the vehicle’s occupants. Of course, you would prefer that this did not happen, but it is nothing long-term. However, around 30% of car accidents tend to result in more serious injuries or even death, and that is when you discover that the painful physical injuries are only the tip of the iceberg. A serious car accident can leave you with significant emotional anguish and have a crippling financial effect on you, and your family.
At Hiden, Rott & Oertle , our El Centro car accident attorneys can provide everything you need to get yourself and your dependents through this difficult experience. Having successfully represented people like you, who have been injured through no fault of their own, for a number of years, our award-winning and highly-esteemed lawyers can provide invaluable legal guidance and support.
Ask an Attorney: How Common Are El Centro Car Accidents?
It is all well and good saying that car accidents affect us all, but sometimes we need concrete statistics to get a true feeling for how prevalent an issue really is. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety’s 2015 figures, a year on El Centro roads comprises:
- 161 injuries and fatalities
- 13 car accidents where alcohol was a factor
- 5 incidents where the responsible driver was under the influence of alcohol
- 4 collisions with motorcycles
- 17 accidents involving motor vehicles and pedestrians
- 9 crashes between a vehicle and a bicycle
- 66 car accidents which including more than one of these factors
- 53 DUI arrests
- 31 speed-related collisions
- 13 hit and runs
- 4 accidents at nighttime, defined as being between 9pm and 3am
Over the entirety of Imperial County, the same year’s statistics are composed as follows:
- 869 total injuries and fatalities
- 82 accidents involving alcohol
- 122 speed-related accidents
- 63 car accidents between the hours of 9pm and 3am
- 31 hit and runs
As these figures show, many car accidents could be avoided through motorists adapting their behavior, and driving in a safe, considerate, and lawful manner.
Common Injuries Arising from El Centro Car Accidents
Due to the speed at which cars tend to travel, and the laws of physics, the impact between two moving vehicles, or even one moving and one stationary car, tends to be substantial. While working as personal injury attorneys in El Centro, some of the most common injuries we see arising from collisions include:
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries, most commonly whiplash
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts, bruises, and lacerations
- Internal injuries and organ damage
Discuss Your El Centro Car Accident with an Award-Winning Lawyer Today
Following a car accident, you deserve the best legal representation from an esteemed lawyer who will fight doggedly for your legal rights.