Whether through choice or simply due to affordability, numerous people in El Centro and the surrounding areas travel by bus each day. That bus may be one operated by Imperial Valley Transit, IVT Ride, IVT MedTrans, a school bus, private hire bus, or any other vehicle which can carry multiple passengers and is considered to be a bus under California road laws. Whatever your reasoning behind traveling by bus rather than driving your own car when you need to get from A to B, you have legal rights should you be injured in a bus accident caused by the negligence or reckless behavior of the bus driver, or another motorist.
With decades of combined experience, the El Centro bus accident attorneys from Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP, are perfectly equipped to fight for those legal rights, and ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to following such an incident.
How Could an El Centro Bus Accident Attorney Help Me?
In addition to the general rules of the road applicable to all motorists in an around El Centro, the state of California dictates that bus companies and drivers have a special duty of care towards passengers. This means that the bus company will be liable for any injuries caused to passengers in most cases, albeit it is generally incredibly difficult to actually enforce this liability and recover the settlement due. Although you are under no obligation to hire an El Centro bus accident attorney to build and file your lawsuit, you could be doing yourself a great disservice through representing yourself. Remember, the bus company is likely to have a team of expert lawyers at its disposal and, without comparable legal guidance, your claim will most probably be either minimized or rejected outright.
As our lawyers are highly experienced in all areas of El Centro personal injury law and, in particular, that relating to injuries sustained in bus accidents, we are confident in our ability to recover the full compensation due to you in any scenario, where you were not at fault. For example, we regularly handle bus accident-related lawsuits arising from:
- Distracted driving, such as instances where the bus driver or another motorist caused the accident through using their cellphone while driving, reaching to retrieve a dropped item, or turning to have a conversation with a passenger
- Driving at a speed which is excessive, or otherwise inappropriate for the current conditions
- Driving while tired or fatigued, perhaps when a bus driver has not been given the rest time and breaks he or she is legally entitled to
- Insufficient driver training, resulting in an inexperienced bus driver causing an accident
- Poorly maintained roads
- Poorly maintained buses or other vehicles
- Defective vehicle parts
- Aggressive driving, including road rage
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation with an El Centro Bus Accident Attorney Now
As mentioned earlier, our El Centro bus accident attorneys can assist when you have been injured due to any type of driver negligence or recklessness. To schedule your free initial consultation to discuss your case, call us today at 619-630-0205.