The Bureau of Labor Statistics tells us that there were 2.8 million workplace injuries and illnesses in 2017, the latest reporting year. Many of these injuries revolve around workers sustaining injuries to their neck and backs.
When someone sustains a neck or back injury, it can be completely debilitating and take away their ability to work and earn an income. While these work injuries should be covered by workers’ compensation insurance, if you are having trouble with your claim, please seek legal assistance. At Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP, we are ready to help when you need a San Diego neck and back injury attorney.
Today, we want to briefly discuss these injuries so you have a better understanding of what they are and how to handle them.
- Back Injuries – Our backs are a complex combination of bones, tissues, and muscles. When something goes wrong with any of these parts due to an injury, the whole system can malfunction. Back pain is caused by numerous different things: muscle or ligament strains, bulging or ruptured discs, arthritis, osteoporosis, etc.
- Herniated Discs – In your spine, there are a bunch of rubbery cushions that sit in between the vertebrae. These are what prevent bones from grinding against one another. When They are little buffers that prevent the bones from grinding against one another. Some people describe them as little jelly donuts that keep us comfortable. Work injuries can also cause herniated discs.
- Neck Injuries – Neck injuries can range in severity and they can affect our ability to go about everyday activities. The neck is just as complex as the back and is also the start of our spinal column and spinal cord. This is the area that houses our body’s control center.
Workplace injuries are major contributors to back and neck injuries. They can occur due to physically demanding jobs like construction and firefighting and they can also occur in jobs in which a person has to sit in one place all day. Slip and fall incidents are also major contributors to these injuries. It is always important to report a neck and back injury to a supervisor as soon as it occurs and seek medical treatment.
IF YOU ARE HURT
When you need a San Diego neck and back injury attorney, you can count on Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP. Our skilled and experienced team will work to secure the compensation you need. Our team will work diligently to secure the compensation you need for all of your incident-related expenses. This can include:
- Complete coverage of your medical expenses
- Compensation for lost income and benefits
- Possible punitive damages if there was negligence involved
There is no reason you should have to be put into financial jeopardy due to a work injury. You have the right to workers compensation. You can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 619-296-5884.