They may be gluten-free, but these Perdue chicken nuggets are facing a recall. According to the company, nearly 50,000 bags of frozen Simply Smart chicken nuggets are being recalled because wood has been discovered in them. They say that the wood has been discovered by three consumers.
Thankfully, nobody has reported any adverse effects due to consuming the nuggets and we hope that the recall will prevent anyone from getting injured or becoming ill. This recall is voluntary, meaning that Purdue took actions to recall the nuggets without being forced to do so. We applaud the company’s actions. Unfortunately, not all companies perform voluntary recalls when they discover their products have problems.
At Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP, we know that most people are not aware of just how many faulty products there are on the market at any given time. Sometimes these products are recalled before anyone can get hurt. Other times, consumers become victims. If you need a San Diego product liability attorney, you can count on us to work hard for you, securing the compensation you deserve.
FAULTY PRODUCTS ARE A PROBLEM
Before we get into the consequences of faulty products, we want to talk a little bit about how they happen. Briefly, we will discuss the three main causes:
- Faulty Designs – this occurs when a product has a problem that is not discovered in the testing phases and can affect hard goods, foods, beverages, and medications.
- Manufacturing Issues – even a well-designed product can experience a manufacturing error in the factory that alters it from the original design.
- Labeling Problems – every product we use has labels that guide us in its usage. This includes hard goods with hazard warnings, foods and ingredient labels, medications and side effects, and more.
LONG-TERM AND SHORT-TERM PROBLEMS
Often, faulty products have immediate consequences:
- A car bursts into flames and injures people.
- An appliance explodes inside of a home.
- Food products are contaminated with E. coli.
Indeed, these are alarming and luckily they are usually dealt with quickly through recalls. What many people do not think about are the products that cause long-term damages and illnesses. Think about situations in which a product is used for years before anyone realizes it has cancer-causing chemicals. How about the long-term consequences of smoking cigarettes that major corporations hid from the public?
It makes us wonder how many products are on the market now that may be causing us harm and we do not even realize it yet.
YOUR OPTIONS MOVING FORWARD
If you or a loved one have become ill or gotten injured and you think that a defective product is to blame, you should seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP, our qualified and experienced team will work to uncover exactly what went wrong so we can get you the compensation you need. This can include:
- Coverage for your medical bills
- Pain and suffering damages
- Lost income payment if you cannot work
- Punitive damages
You can contact us for a free consultation by calling at at our office when you need a San Diego product liability attorney.