Michael Rott is the managing partner at Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP (HRO) and has served as general counsel to the San Diego Riptide, a former AF2 Arena Football Team, legal counsel to two (2) Major League Baseball Teams (MLB) and legal counsel to NFL players in 3rd party actions and Workers’ Compensation claims.
Michael represents clients throughout California and across the US for matters involving serious injuries on and off the job, as well as consumer product class actions.
Michael has served as class counsel in a number of Class Actions and presently serves as an Executive Committee Member in a Multi-District Litigation Class Action against Apple, Inc.
Michael was interviewed by ABC News regarding this class action. To read the complete interview, copy and paste this link: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=5719561&page=1
Michael was most recently interviewed by NBC News regarding the September 8, 2011 Southwest Blackout. To read the complete interview, copy and paste this link: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Restaurants-Sue-SDGE-129924153.html
Michael is proud to serve the men and women of our Armed Forces at Camp Pendleton, in Oceanside, California, as a Civilian Panelist Attorney for General Civil Legal matters.
Michael is the author of The Employee”s Workers” Compensation Handbook and is a sought after guest lecturer on labor issues and legal trends.
Michael is also a licensed California Real Estate Broker and the Founder of Union Real Estate. Union Real Estate is a Real Estate Brokerage Firm which provides representation to clients in sales and acquisition of residential and commercial properties.
Michael has served as a Judge Pro Tempore for the San Diego Superior Court, Small Claims Division and the Workers” Compensation Appeals Board, San Diego Division.
Michael is a past Committee Member for the San Diego County Bar Ethics Committee and in 1996, Michael was selected as an interviewee for the California State Bar Committee on Professional Rules and Conduct.
Areas of Practice
- 75% Class Actions
- 25% Workers” Compensation
- 99% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- District of Columbia, 2002
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- Juris Doctorate – 1992
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- B.S. – 1987
- Major: Psychology
- Law Talk — Welcome to the Labor Leader”s First Legal Commentary “Law Talk”, San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council Labor Leader, 2009
- Law Talk — Injured and Facing A Job Layoff, The San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council Labor Leader, 2009
- “Law Talk — Heart Attack After Viagra?, The San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council Labor Leader, 2009
- Injured? Here”s Some Advice, The Guild Reporter — Communications Workers of America
- The Union Defender, Hiden, Rott & Oertle Legal Magazine, 2007
- “The Employee’s Workers’ Compensation Handbook”, Authored for the Communications Workers of America, Local 9509, 2003
- Ethics in the Courtroom, San Diego Lawyer Magazine, 1996
- Tony Busalacchi
- Sally Kasparian
- Tanya LaFrancis
- Peter Keller
- UFCW, Local 135
- Teamsters, Local 542
- California Teachers Association
- San Diego Education Association
- September 8, 2011 Blackout, NBC San Diego, 2011 – Present
- Workers” Compensation, California Teachers Association, Region 4 Meeting, 2011 – Present
- Structured Settlements From a Union”s Point of View, 2011 National Structured Settlements Trade Association Annual Meeting, 2011 – Present
- Pre-Designation of Physician, UFCW, Local 135, 2011 – Present
- The Essential Steps To Take When Injured On The Job, OPEIU, Local 30, 2010 – Present
- Guidelines to Follow when Injured on the Job, Teamsters, Local 542, 2009 – Present
- Organized Labor & Workers Comp, Legal Talk Network, 2008 – Present
- Apple iPhone 3G, Gadget Lab, 2008 – Present
- iPhone 3G Class Action Suit, ABC News/Technology, 2008 – Present
- Steps to Follow When Injured on the Job, CWA, Local 9510, 2007 – Present
- Workers” Compensation and Casino Employees, CWA, Local 9400, 2005 – Present