Matthew J. Blancato is an associate at Hiden, Rott & Oertle , LLP and works in the Firm’s San Diego and El Centro offices. Matthew started as an intern while waiting for his Bar results and officially joined the Firm as an attorney upon passing the Bar in December 2011. Mr. Blancato’s practice areas consist of civil litigation, including worker’s compensation and personal injury.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Blancato had extensive legal experience, including clerking for a judge in the Circuit Court of Cook County (IL). Additionally, Mr. Blancato worked as a Certified Law Clerk with the Chicago Housing Authority, which is the Chicago’s public housing agency, where he focused mainly on motion practice in personal injury and contract cases. Before attending law school, Mr. Blancato worked as a Legal Secretary and File Clerk at an insurance defense firm in San Diego, where he assisted in all phases of litigation, including drafting pleadings, composing discovery, and helping prepare for trials.
When he is not serving his clients, Mr. Blancato likes to play sports, including golf, football, basketball, and soccer. Mr. Blancato is also an avid traveler with experiences throughout Europe, Mexico, and the U.S.
Areas of Practice
- 70% Workers’ Compensation
- 20% Personal Injury
- 10% Class Actions
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2012
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. – 2011
- University of California – San Diego, La Jolla, California
- B.A. – 2006
- Major: Political Science with an Emphasis in Public Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bar Association, 2012 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Circuit Court of Cook County, Judicial Clerk, 2011 – Present
- Chicago Housing Authority, Certified Law Clerk, 2010 – 2011