Mr. Overholt is a partner of Hiden, Rott & Oertle, LLP and works in the Firm’s San Diego and El Centro offices. He began as an intern with the Firm in the summer of 2005, before becoming a paid Legal Clerk until joining the Firm as an attorney in 2007.
Mr. Overholt continues to represent clients against companies for unfair business practices in the areas of products defects, false and misleading advertising and wage and hour violations. Often times these issues have lead to Class Action lawsuits where Mr. Overholt has been able to accomplish extraordinary results for his clients and the class members. Mr. Overholt’s practice covers all areas of Consumer Litigation whether it be on behalf of individuals or a class of people.
Mr. Overholt also practices in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death suits and Workers’ Compensation.
Areas of Practice
- 30% Workers’ Compensation
- 30% Class Action
- 20% Consumer Litigation
- 10% Personal Injury
- 10% Wrongful Death
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2007
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. cum laude – 2006
- University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
- B.A. cum laude – 2003
- Major: History
- Co-Author: Structured Settlements From a Union Point of View , 2011 National Structured Settlements Trade Association, 2011
- Supreme Court of CA Upholds Workers’ Rights in Meal and Rest Periods, Labor Leader, 2007
- Pitfalls for Injured Workers in Work Comp Case, SEIU Local 1000
- Recent Developments in Work Comp Law, CAAA
Honors and Awards
- First Place Regional Negotiation Competition – American Bar Association
- First Place Environmental Law Student Negotiation Competition – State Bar of California